Monday, October 3, 2011

Bacon!!!

Bacon seems to be a recent fad that combats the health craze.  You either don’t eat bacon or you really eat bacon.  I am a bacon eater, and so is my family.  I try not to keep it in the house because we love it so much and I am really health conscious.  But for my husband, David, I agreed to make a bacon cake pop after Jen and I found a bacon cupcake at a local bakery that he fell in love with.  Last night after a long weekend helping Jen and my brother move, David declared that he wanted something sweet.  I had been itching all day to make cake pops so I jumped up and told him that I would make the bacon pop.  I already had the cake in the fridge and the bacon had been cooked earlier that morning so I just had to assemble them.  I was not very hopeful that they would taste very good.  My first attempt came up short (see pervious post).  But it was a new day and I had better quality bacon.  So we went to work and after 10 minutes we had 4 little chocolate balls covers in little chunks of bacon.  The first bite was a surprise.  It tasted exactly like I had imagined, a soft maple cake inside that was light and moist just like a pancake, with a delicious white chocolate coating that gave it it’s sweetness, and the salty crunchy bacon on the outside balanced it out for a yummy breakfast experience on a stick. Good thing I made 4 because 1 each wasn’t enough.  Unfortunately I don’t have a picture of one because we ate them before the chocolate even had a chance to fully harden.  Maybe next time ;)

1 comment: