Monday, October 3, 2011

Halloween cake pop sort-of-photoshoot

Jen and I decided it would be cute to take some pictures of our kids eating cake pops.  She had made some Halloween pops and dipped Oreos and I thought it would be cute to dress up my 18 month Zoe and 7 year old Donovan in their old costumes and let them run around in the backyard to get some real life action shots. So Saturday morning, before the hot Las Vegas sun was in full force I found a couple costumes, grabbed the cake pops, dragged the kids outside and told them to look happy.  Donovan is a camera hog and naturally started to vogue with his cake pop.  Zoe was not as happy to smile for the camera.  I ended up chasing her around singing songs from Sesame Street (in hopes of getting her to smile) and furiously snapping pictures whenever she decided she would glance at me.

I took a ton of really terrible pictures, but got a few good ones.  Her reward was to eat the prop cake pops and I wanted to get some messy faced shots of her gobbling them up.  The funny thing is that she had never had candy corn before so she kept throwing the candy corn covered Dipped Oreo on the ground and just looking at it.  I would pick it up again and hand it to her only to have her throw it on the ground and look up with my with a,  “what mom?!” look on her face.  I swear it is really delicious, you can’t really take a 1 year old's word for it.

                            

1 comment: