Friday, October 7, 2011

Tiny Pink Happiness

Today I noticed that people love tiny things; small dogs, babies, shot glasses.  So it’s only natural that we would love tiny desserts.  About a week ago I woke up from yet another dream about baking with a craving for tiny vanilla cupcakes topped with raspberry frosting.  It just sounded amazing.  Every day I went to work thinking about these tiny treats and finally yesterday I had the time to make them.  I have to say, they came out exactly how I had imagined them.  The first thing I love about these little babies is the fact that they are so darn cute! They are so small that if you don’t be very gentle while handling them you could easily crush them.  Secondly when you bite into them the flavor is moist and creamy, vanilla with a hit of berry, Perfect! And of course I love them because they are pink, need I say more?!  I brought them into work, excited to share them with my friends.  I walked all over the office handing one to each friend who had already arrived, the smiles on their faces made me love to bake even more.  I would take one tiny pink cake out of the box I had them resting in and quietly hand it to them one by one.  The first look on their faces was surprise, then when they realized this little ray of sunshine was for them, the surprise turned to happiness, then back to surprise after popping them into their mouths letting the delicious flavor work its magic.  One beautiful friend came back for seconds saying that the “afterglow” of the cupcake had faded and she needed another.  I happily shared the last cupcake with her.  She smiled and thanked me (even thought she didn’t need to say anything) and called me a cupcake goddess as she happily went back to work.  (Thanks Ann!) This is why I love to bake.


Love Kisha

No comments:

Post a Comment